• Higher specific velocity.
• Raw water can be used for backwashing the filter.
• Higher specific flow rate than conventional down flow filters thereby saving on Space & cost.
• Very little maintenance required.
• Lower backwash water requirement.
• In most cases, raw water can be used for backwash.
• The Multigrade sand filters filter is an ideal choice for all applications where a conventional sand filter is used.
• It is extensively used in side stream filtration of cooling water & in potable water treatment.
• It is ideal for filtration of clarified water.
• In addition it finds application in sea water filtration & in filtration of chemical solutions.
• For these types of filtrations rubber lined or epoxy painted filters can be offered.
• One vertical cylindrical Mild steel/FRP pressure vessels with dished ends. Mild Steel pressure vessel are painted internally with anticorrosive
bitumastic paint and externally with a protective coat of red oxide primer.
• One set of internal water distribution & collection system.
• One initial charge of filter sand & underbed material
• One set of frontal pipe work & valves.
• Two pressure gauges to monitor head loss across the filter.
• One orifice board (optional) for indicating wash water flow to be fitted in drain sump. Maximum / minimum operating pressure will be
3.5kg/cm2g & 2.0 kg/cm2g respectively.
• Multigrade sand filters are available from 600 to 3000mn diameters